Sunday, April 19, 2015

Week 9

Starting again?
I wasn't happy weighing in this morning and seeing that I'm exactly where I was a week ago.  I've been lifting weights.  I did 3 workouts this week with them.  I really enjoy it and I'm going to continue, but I'ts not moving me closer to my goal.  I stopped the walking at work and exercise bike when I hurt my foot.  I'm out of the rigid boot this week, but my foot was still hurting a lot until I got new shoes half way through this week.  I think it's good enough now to start adding more steps and light impact exercise.  I'm going to keep an eye on it so that I don't end up back where I was.  I'm disappointed that I'm 3 lbs behind overall on my 2 lbs a week goal but I need to just look forward.  If my goal date gets here in October and I'm 192 instead of 185, I'll still be pretty damn proud of myself.  This week I'm going to be examining everything to see where I can be eating healthier, snacking more often so that I crash less, and trying to find ways to get more movement in every day.  It has been 3 or 4 weeks since I've noticed any changes in my body, or clothes fitting looser.  I want to get back to that point.  It really helps to motivate me to work hard and keeps me going.

2-15  252 lbs  Starting Weight
2-22  248 lbs  Week one
3-1    244 lbs  Week two
3-8    243 lbs  Week three
3-15  244 lbs  Week four
3-22  241 lbs  Week five
3-29  239 lbs  Week six
4-5    244 lbs  Week seven
4-13  237 lbs  Week eight
4-14  237 lbs  Week nine

This weeks thin-spiration is Adam Richman, the former host of Man Vs Food.  After the show he lost 70 lbs.  When I went to get a picture of him for this post I came across an article that said "Former Man Versus Food host's new show pulled after he told critics to 'eat a bag of s***' when he was criticized for using term 'thinspiration' to describe his weight loss.  Apparently thinspiration is a term used to describe online posts which encourage eating disorders, and have been banned on sites like Facebook and Yahoo.  I had no idea that it was a trigger word.  I agree with Adam.  I like the word, I need inspiration to get healthier.  I'm taking the word back.  



2 comments:

  1. That's sad that thinspiration is used with eating disorders. I like keep going for it. And didn't you say that you and Adam Richman had the same starting weight? While I don't know how tall he is, he looks amazing at his new weight and I'm sure he feels so much better!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Look like it, he's six foot and he lost 60 to 70 lbs depending on which article you read. He's 180 now, and he said he went from a XXL shirt to a loose Large

      Delete